Basic Digital Marketing tips for New Website:
If you are starting out with digital marketing, it can be a daunting task. Information overload is a common concern. With this in mind, I have compiled a list of what I believe to be 25 of the most important tips for successful online marketing for a website. There are many other factors to consider, but these tips should help put you on the right track.
So, bear in mind these important tricks when starting commercial site or even personal blog:
1. Research is the most important step in internet marketing. Overlook this now = pay later.
2. Research your competitor’s websites: discover how they have things setup, which keywords they are targeting, compare their website structure and, of course, content plan.
3. Count the number of competitors you have for various keywords related to your business. Choose 10-20 keywords to start with and build web pages themed to those keywords.
4. Create content management plan and according to it write quality content, spend time on it, make it something unique, information that people need to have or won’t find elsewhere, give people insight.
5. Choose a domain name with keywords or synonyms relevant to your business.
6. Choose a title for your website and for every its page that contains your keywords. But don’t repeat the it twice. Keep the rule that one page should resolve one user’s search intent.
7. The opening sentence of your site’s first paragraph should contain your keywords
8. The home page of your site should contain more than 500 words, your keyword should be repeated in this text 2 or 3 times.
9. Don’t rely on one source of traffic to your site; in fact, you should have as many different sources of traffic as possible.
10. Start building a newsletter or opt-in list for your site early on; this is one of the easiest channels to sell to.
11. Include your company address in the footer of your website page, make your offline contact details easy to find.
12. Include your website on offline marketing material bumper stickers, coffee mugs, pens, memo pads, etc.; it’s amazing how many people still overlook this.
13. Include a link to your website in your email signature.
14. Spend the extra bucks on your website for a professional design, logical navigation and qualty images.
15. Make sure your visitors know exactly what your website is about within 5 seconds of viewing the home page, make it clear and concise.
16. Add a privacy/security policy page to your site.
17. Add a terms and conditions page to your site.
18. Create videos that promote your products and services, upload these to you-tube any every other video publisher you can find.
19. Write articles about your business and upload these to every article publisher you can find, make guest blogging.
20. Create podcasts and feature these on your site.
21. Join forums relevant to your business create a signature file with a link to your site and make regular, quality posts.
22. Exchange links, banners, ad space and newsletter promos with other website owners in your niche.
23. Beware of internet marketing hype; there’s an endless stream of it.
24. Add quality content to your website on a regular basis, the set it and forget it method doesn’t work.
25.Search online for ways to automate, systemize or otherwise reduce the time required for every item on this list. Analyze the user behaviour and depending on it improve your website.
That’s it! Following these essential tips you can create the plan for easy start of your website and then implement it successfully step by step.
About the Author: Carol James is a writer and senior editor at the best essay writing service EssayLab. She has MA degree in social sciences and writes articles, reviews on the different actual subjects. So, if you have any questions regarding the writing, feel free to ask her.