Staying ahead in the search competition in 2018:
1st Actionable SEO Strategies – Keyword research and usage:
So it is recommended to make use of LSI keywords wherever possible.
- Check out for the Seed keyword for which you want to get ideas on.
- Drop your keyword into Google keyword planner (GKP) or Ahrefs or any other keyword research tool which you prefer to use, it will come up with the related keywords.
- Add the all the relevant keywords which you want your content to be ranked for (also check for the average monthly search count for the keywords chosen) to your list.
- Google itself comes up with the relevant suggestions when you put a term into the search box (while not hitting on search), you can go for these rich LSI keywords and sprinkle it in your content wherever necessary.
- Also check out LSI Keyword Generator to come up with LSI keywords
2nd Actionable SEO Strategies – Creating a persuasive Title & Description:
- Always try to start your title with the keyword.
- Craft a unique and sensible title limited to 55 characters.
- Put your brand name at the ending of the title tag to create brand awareness. It can also help in increasing the CTR.
- You can also experiment using numbers, stats or special characters within the title to stand out from the crowd and add an appeal to get clicked
- In case of description, you can put in the relevant keywords while providing an in-depth idea of the page.
- Keep a safe distance from stuffing or get ready to dragged down and penalized by the mighty Panda also.
3rd Actionable SEO Strategies –
Optimizing site for Mobile First Indexing & Responsive design
- Add a high quality content along with quality images which includes proper alt tags in it, also add relevant videos.
- Make your content scannable by adding subheadings, lists, and bullet points.
- Make the design user friendly by removing irrelevant pop-ups and avoiding use of flash images.
- Check out Google Webmaster Central Blog to know more about mobile first approach
4th Actionable SEO Strategies –
Speed does matter: Optimize the page to load fast
- Make the best use of the page speed insights tool offered by Google and look into what’s messing up with your website’s page speed. If it’s too technical, it’s time to get your developer on work.
- Keep the size of your images optimized as a very high-quality image can make a page to load slow.
- You can opt for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to get a faster loading experience on smartphones.
5th Actionable SEO Strategies –
Keeping eyes on Voice Search
- Get yourself in the searcher’s shoes and come up with the long tail terms which you may search for finding anything and put them to use.
- Try to make your content more of conversational type by adding a Q&A element to it.
- Optimize your content for featured snippets (explained below) and local search and you’re almost there! As most of the voice queries are served with answers from featured snippets and the local listings.
6th Actionable SEO Strategies –
- Make a strong content enough to get ranked on the 1st page of the Google, as the featured snippet is taken from the website from 1st page.
- Adding a structured data markup can increase your chances of getting ranked under featured snippets. So go for it if it suits your niche.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start implementing the above mentioned strategies and check what works for you to stay ahead of the competitors and get most of the traffic. Search Engine Optimization is highly dynamic in nature, no one other than Google knows what it is going to come up with in the near future. What’s working well today may become history later. All we can do is abide the Google webmaster guidelines and play safe. There is much more to go through this year, so keep your eyes wide awake and stay updated to make the most of SEO success.