What is involved in Digital Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Digital Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion.
How far is your company on its Digital Marketing Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digital Marketing Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Digital Marketing Strategy Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digital Marketing related domains to cover and 70 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digital Marketing, Affiliate marketing, Consumer privacy, Customer Data Platform, Customer engagement, Digital marketing system, Digital promotion, Display advertising, Distributed presence, Email marketing, Influencer marketing, Interactive marketing, Mobile marketing, Multimedia Messaging Service, Online advertising, Pay per click, Public relations, Search engine marketing, Search engine optimization, Social Media Marketing, Social media optimization, User intent, Video advertising, Visual marketing:
Digital Marketing Critical Criteria:
- Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Digital Marketing process. askyourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Digital Marketing process available?
- How will we insure seamless interoperability of Digital Marketing moving forward?
- How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?•What will drive Digital Marketing change?
Affiliate marketing Critical Criteria:
- What are the record-keeping requirements of Digital Marketing activities?
- Why should we adopt a Digital Marketing framework?
- Are there recognized Digital Marketing problems?
Consumer privacy Critical Criteria:
- Think about the functions involved in your Digital Marketing project. what processes flow from these functions?
- What are the business goals Digital Marketing is aiming to achieve?
- What is our formula for success in Digital Marketing
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
- Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Digital Marketing. How do we gain traction?
- What management system can we use to leverage the Digital Marketing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
- Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Digital Marketing leaders?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
- Have you identified your Digital Marketing key performance indicators?
- Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
- How to deal with Digital Marketing Changes?
Digital marketing system Critical Criteria:
- Are there Digital Marketing Models?
Digital promotion Critical Criteria:
- Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Digital Marketing forward?
- Meeting the challenge: are missed Digital Marketing opportunities costing us money?
- What is Effective Digital Marketing?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
- What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Digital Marketing processes?
- In what ways are Digital Marketing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
- Do Digital Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Distributed presence Critical Criteria:
- In the case of a Digital Marketing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Digital Marketing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Digital Marketing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
- How do we go about Comparing Digital Marketing approaches/solutions?
- What are our Digital Marketing Processes?
Email marketing Critical Criteria:
- What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
- What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
- Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
- What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
- Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Digital Marketing that make it risky?
- Which Digital Marketing goals are the most important?
Influencer marketing Critical Criteria:
- How do we ensure that implementations of Digital Marketing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
- What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Digital Marketing project manager?
- Can we do Digital Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Interactive marketing Critical Criteria:
- Will Digital Marketing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
- What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Digital Marketing agendas for the next 3 years?
- When a Digital Marketing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
- How does interactive marketing fit with existing marketing campaigns?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
- How to Secure Digital Marketing?
Multimedia Messaging Service Critical Criteria:
- What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Digital Marketing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
- What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Digital Marketing project?
- Are we Assessing Digital Marketing and Risk?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
- How is the value delivered by Digital Marketing being measured?
- Is Digital Marketing Required?
Pay per click Critical Criteria:
- How do we measure improved Digital Marketing service perception, and satisfaction?
- What are all of our Digital Marketing domains and what do they do?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
- If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
- What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
- Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Digital Marketing?
- What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
- In a project to restructure Digital Marketing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
- What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
- Do we have past Digital Marketing Successes?
Search engine marketing Critical Criteria:
- What is the source of the strategies for Digital Marketing strengthening and reform?
Search engine optimization Critical Criteria:
- Does Digital Marketing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
- How important is Digital Marketing to the user organizations mission?
Social Media Marketing Critical Criteria:
- Consider your own Digital Marketing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
- Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Digital Marketing is underway?
Social media optimization Critical Criteria:
- What are internal and external Digital Marketing relations?
- How can you measure Digital Marketing in a systematic way?
User intent Critical Criteria:
- Are assumptions made in Digital Marketing stated explicitly?
Video advertising Critical Criteria:
- Can we add value to the current Digital Marketing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
- What potential environmental factors impact the Digital Marketing effort?
Visual marketing Critical Criteria:
- What is the total cost related to deploying Digital Marketing, including any consulting or professional services?
- Are there any disadvantages to implementing Digital Marketing? There might be some that are less obvious?
- Does our organization need more Digital Marketing education?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digital Marketing Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service